These Everything Bagel Cashews are so irresistible, you’ll want to eat the whole batch!
You just need 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep to create this healthy snack or appetizer.
Plus it’s naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, keto, low carb, vegan, Paleo and Whole30 friendly (but no one will be able to tell).
(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I’ll automatically receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
Why this recipe works
Any time you have salty, crunchy nuts coated in spices, they’re probably going to be good.
So it makes sense that combining cashews and everything bagel seasoning would work so well.
Everything bagel seasoning (often called ‘everything but the bagel’ seasoning) is made of white and black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and salt.
So when you add this savory, salty mixture to buttery cashews and roast them until they’re crisp and crunchy, you can’t lose!
Plus you only need three ingredients, although sometimes I like to add either a bit of mustard or honey for a little extra flavor. The mustard adds some tanginess and the honey adds subtle sweetness that balances the savory seasoning well.
If you’re looking for more easy spiced nut snacks, these Spiced Candied Pecans are also a great option.
But really, this everything bagel cashew recipe (which you could also call Everything But the Bagel Cashews) is too good to pass up!
What you need
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews (whole pieces and halves; no small bits, they’ll burn in the oven)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 2.5 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, divided
- optional: 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or honey (do not use honey for vegan or Whole30)
- a medium mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- a spoon or spatula
- a baking sheet
- a whisk (only if adding mustard or honey)
How to make Everything Bagel Cashews
Heat the oven to 350°.
Add the oil to a medium mixing bowl. If using mustard or honey, add it now and whisk until fully combined with the oil.
Add the cashews and stir until evenly coated.
Add half of the everything bagel seasoning and toss to coat. Add the rest of the seasoning and toss to coat again (adding it in two separate rounds ensures the cashews are evenly coated). Spread out the cashews evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake the cashews for 11-14 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through. (Twelve minutes is perfect with my oven, but each oven is different. Start keeping an eye on them around the 11-12 minute mark to make sure they don’t start to burn.)
Let cool and then dig in!
With so few ingredients, there are not a lot of substitution options.
You could try using a different nut, like almonds, walnuts or pecans, but they’re all different sizes to the amount you need would differ.
If you want to try almonds, use 1 3/4 cup. If you want to try pecans or walnuts, try 2 heaping cups.
You can use extra virgin olive oil in place of the avocado oil. It’ll add its own subtle flavor that works well with the everything bagel seasoning.
Yep. You can store these in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze them, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the roasted, cooled nuts in a single layer on the parchment and freeze. Once they’re frozen, add them to a freezer-safe container or baggie and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
Yep! There are no ingredients containing gluten in this recipe. However, if you have celiac disease, please read all labels carefully.
Yep! There are no ingredients containing dairy in this recipe.
Yep! There are no ingredients containing animal products in this recipe. However, do not use the variation with honey. You can try agave nectar instead.
Yep! Each serving (1/4 cup) contains just 10 carbs, making it appropriate for a low carb lifestyle.
Each serving (1/4 cup) contains just 10 grams of carbs and 1 gram of fiber, which comes to 9 grams of net carbs per serving. With its high fat and moderate protein, this recipe is appropriate for a keto lifestyle.
Yep! All ingredients in this recipe are Paleo-friendly.
Yep! All the ingredients in this recipe are Whole30 compatible. Just do not use the variation with honey. If adding mustard, please check the label to be sure it’s compatible.
Other recipes you might like:
- Spiced Candied Pecans
- Everything Bagel Guacamole-Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Dairy-Free Veggie Dip
- Gluten-Free Charcuterie Board
Everything Bagel Cashews
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other neutral-flavored oil
- optional: 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or honey (do not use honey for vegan or Whole30 version)
- 2 cups raw cashews whole pieces and halves, no small bits
- 2½ tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Heat the oven to 350℉.
- Add the cashews and stir until evenly coated.
- Add half of the everything bagel seasoning and toss to coat. Add the rest of the seasoning and toss to coat again (adding it in two separate rounds ensures the cashews are evenly coated). Spread out the cashews evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cashews for 11-14 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through. (Twelve minutes is perfect with my oven, but each oven is different. Start keeping an eye on them around the 11-12 minute mark to make sure they don't start to burn.)Let cool and then dig in! (Keep in mind that the more you handle them and transfer them to different bowls/containers, the more the seasoning will fall off.)