This Frozen Mango Margarita recipe makes a thick, creamy and frosty cocktail that’s perfect for the summer or any time of year.
It just needs a few ingredients: frozen mango chunks, lime juice and tequila. Plus maybe some salt for rimming the glass.
This might just be the only frozen margarita recipe you’ll ever need.
(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I’ll automatically receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
How to make this frozen mango margarita
I’ll show you how to make frozen mango margaritas. Ready?
- Rim your glasses in salt.
- Blend the margarita ingredients. (This is the blender I use. It’s great at crushing ice and frozen fruit and doesn’t cost nearly as much as a Vitamix.)
- Pour into margarita glasses (these classic ones are perfect) and drink up!
See? Easy peasy.
If using fresh lime juice, this is the best kind of lime juicer you can buy. It really squeezes out every last drop.
A frozen mango margarita without triple sec
You might have noticed there’s no triple sec or Cointreau in this recipe. There’s also no agave nectar or simple syrup.
The mango is sweet enough that you don’t need to add any more sweetness.
And without the orange liqueur, that means this is a relatively healthy frozen margarita recipe without any added sweetener.
Now you absolutely could add orange liqueur if you want. Just swap it in for the water and you’ll be all set.
You can substitute any other frozen fruit for the frozen mango. Just use the same amount.
You can choose to rim the glass with salt if you’d like. And if you want a spicy mango margarita, you can add some chili powder, chipotle powder or cayenne to the salt as well. The salty/sweet/spicy combination is irresistible.
Or if you want to keep things sweet, rim the glass with sugar. Or combine equal parts sugar and salt. So many options!
You can also make a frozen mango mocktail! Just swap out the tequila for orange juice.
Make ahead frozen margaritas
You can actually make these ahead of time! Since alcohol doesn’t completely freeze, the tequila will prevent the mixture from becoming a hard block.
Once you’re ready to drink them, you can throw the mixture back into the blender if you want to loosen it up.
Or pour it into a pitcher, give it a good stir and then pour into glasses.
What to serve these with
I mean, you don’t really have to serve these with anything, but chips and salsa or guacamole always work.
In fact, this salty sweet bacon pineapple guacamole would be the perfect accompaniment to this frozen mango margarita recipe.
And who doesn’t want margaritas with tacos? These ground chicken tacos are perfect for a weeknight dinner or a party.
Other margarita options
You’ll also love this Frozen Peach Margarita.
Not quite summer anymore? Try this Pumpkin Cider Margarita.
Looking for a margarita with no alcohol? Try my Frozen Pineapple Virgin Margarita.
So there you have it! Frozen mango recipes are the perfect way to use this sweet, creamy fruit. You don’t even need a mix! Just a few ingredients and you’ll feel like you’re in a tropical paradise. And couldn’t we all use that right about now?
Frozen Mango Margaritas
- ½ cup lime juice, plus more for rimming the glasses
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- chili powder, chipotle powder or cayenne (optional, see notes)
- 4 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup 100% agave silver tequila
- ½ cup water, orange juice or orange liqueur
- lime slices or wedges for garnish
- Moisten the rim of the glasses with the lime juice. Pour the salt and any optional spices into a bowl that the glasses will fit into when upside down. Dip the glasses into the salt mixture to coat both sides of the rim.
- Add the frozen mango, tequila, water (or orange juice or orange liqueur) and lime juice to a blender and blend until totally smooth.
- Pour into the glasses, garnish with the lime wedges or slices, and serve!